Braus Fight a BJJ Gi Brand Worldwide
BRAUS FIGHT GI CARE
We are proudly producing the best quality Gis to our customers. Here are the main point on how to take care of your Items.
Braus Fight – GI tops, PANTS and BAGS
1. Wash in cold water.
Line/hang dry, this will maximize the life of your BJJ kimono and minimize shrinkage. In case you need to use the dryer, use no heat or the lowest heat setting. The dryer will reduce the longevity of your kimono by weakening the fibres and collar, causing shrinkage. If using Hot dryer do not exceed heat of over 30 degree Celsius
IMPORTANT – You can destroy/melt the collar by washing in hot water and drying on the hottest heat setting. NEVER wash or dry your BJJ kimono above 35º Celsius.
2. NEVER USE BLEACH.
Bleach can seriously damage your armour. If you get blood or a stain of some sorts immediately run under cold water and scrub the effected area. The sooner you wash it the better. You can use fabric softener in moderate doses. Any softener will do as long as it doesn’t have bleach in it.
3. DO NOT DRY YOUR GI UNDER THE SUN.
It will dry out the fibres and reduce the durability of the BJJ Gi. Hanging dry under the sun without washing is even worse. Dry it in a cool shaded place, or in cold machine air.
4. Coloured products (Blue and Black)
a. Before the first wash; Fill you washer with cold water, as it is filling up add 2-3 cups of white vinegar. Once it is done filling up submerge the Jiu Jitsu kimono in the water. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes in the water/vinegar mix. Once the 20-30 minutes are up you can start the washing cycle. Add soap if you like. The vinegar process will help to set the color and reduce fading. Be aware that over time coloured BJJ kimonos will fade, that is just what happens, its natural and shows that you’ve been training hard.
b. Second/ future washes; Wash in cold water and use color safe detergent. Remember to follow the above drying instructions.
FIGHT SHORTS – RASH GUARDS – GRAPPLING SHORTS
1. Wash in cold water.
2. Turn the products inside out when you wash to protect and silk screened logos or designs.
3. Do not use the dryer. The dryer will ruin these products. Hang dry all shorts/ rash guards.
IMPORTANT TIPS TO REMEMBER:
– Hang dry your jiu jitsu Gi after every use.
– NEVER leave a wet/sweaty BJJ kimono balled up in your bag or car.
– Turn the gi inside out during wash.
– NEVER use bleach or detergent with bleach.
– NEVER wash in hot water and dry on the hottest heat setting.
– ALWAYS wash your jiu jitsu Gi BEFORE it starts to smell.